5-month-old- Observations of my beautiful baby
June 29, 2012 FirstTimeMomandDad.com 11 Comments
- He is so aware of the world around him! He knows his name and his home. He knows his routine and toys. He is brilliant!
- He sat up all by himself for the first time yesterday. He can hold his body weight up with his hands, then pushes off to sit alone, then forward to hands. I’m so proud of him.
- We have our nighttime routine down. Solid food, bath or wipe down, baby lotion (California Baby Calming lotion), then nurse and bed. For a month now he has gone right down with this routine.
- He positively hates lying on his back for more than 5 minutes. He prefers to sit up in his swing with the tray over him filled with toys and teethers.
- He poops every other day.
- He only eats solids once a day, for dinner. I am going to try to keep it like that until he is 6 months old.
- His coos have gone to goo-gaaas and oh-yeahs. I love making words up from the partial sounds he puts together.
- Still no regular rolling over.
- When he does roll over he can pull one hand out to prop up, but still has trouble pulling the other out.
- He crawls backwards, scoots I should say.
- He is still exclusively breastfed and can empty one breast in five minutes. It makes nursing easy, cheap and bottle free. All of the pain and bullshit the first three months trying to master the art breastfeeding was so worth it.
- HE is a VERY smiley baby.
- If he is up more than 2 ½ hours then he gets cranky. Still my little baby needing plenty of naps.
- He sleeps normally for 4-5 hour stretches at night. The 8 hours stretches are once in a while still.
- Gas still plagues him, very sad.
- He is teething away and refuses to use any of the proper teething toys I have bought for him. He shoves everything in his mouth except those. He especially loves the plastic “links” that come in all different textures.
- He is too fat for the Bumbo seat. He got stuck in it last time, and that was the end of Bumbo.
- He has nearly outgrown his infant seat. We are trying to hold off until 6 months before buying him his new big boy “convertible” car seat.
- He is just a big chunk of squishy cuddly baby. With “tree trunks” for legs according to my family and friends.
- He is the most wonderful, easygoing, happy baby. Our family is truly blessed.
Observations at five months Postpartum
June 28, 2012 FirstTimeMomandDad.com 10 Comments
- I still have quite the pregnancy pooch.
- My hair is falling out strand-by-strand, minute-by-minute.
- My knees and back are constantly aching.
- I still think I stink! Like I am still oozing pregnancy hormones and gunk.
- Since I am still nursing, my hormones are still WAY out of whack.
- I’m ravenous with a raging sweet tooth.
- I love being a mom so freaking much!
Mommy Fail #7 I got peed on…TWICE!
June 26, 2012 FirstTimeMomandDad.com 7 Comments
Teething- GET IN MY MOUTH!
June 25, 2012 FirstTimeMomandDad.com 2 Comments
June 22, 2012 FirstTimeMomandDad.com 3 Comments
|Don't believe everything you read!|
|Grow a tough skin|
|Sharing is caring!|
|To fight for what's yours|
|To be honest about your feelings|
|Except the things you cannot change|
|Everyone is different|
and special in their own way!
|To voice your concerns|
|Pain thresh hold|
|There is always going to be someone bigger than you!|
|submission is sometimes just easier|
|How to deal with diversity|
- ► 2016 (159)
- ► 2015 (267)
- ► 2014 (226)
- ► 2013 (218)
- Disney dumbed down...
- 5-month-old- Observations of my beautiful baby
- Observations at five months Postpartum
- Parenting Do's and Don'ts For The Ultimate Dummy!
- Mommy Fail #7 I got peed on…TWICE!
- Teething- GET IN MY MOUTH!
- Mother= Full Time Job!
- Marital Bliss after baby… at first-NOT SO MUCH! In...
- The STROLLER CHRONICLES-By First time Dad
- Hey! Don't touch the baby!
- Funny baby photos
- Happy Father’s Day!
- Baby photos
- My baby is sleeping through the night… SO WHY AM I...
- Cradle Cap
- Pregnancy Pooch a.k.a Bulging (postpartum) Belly
- Best tips for new moms!
- Funny Onesies Part I
- Postpartum Depression- Update #2 The Solution
- Baby’s First Milestone-Eating Solids
- Mommy Fail #6
- Baby’s first solid food at 4 months
- 4 month well baby check up and observations
- ▼ June (24)
Struggling with finding the perfect gift for mom? Not sure what to give Queen Bee? Looking for free and easy ways to create the perfect Mot...Continue reading
(Since originally posting this I have added quite a few more, so I though I would repost it to kick off my, Best of 2013 Posts! Enjoy…) ...
This past weekend, there was a #FreeTheNipple event held at a local park. The event was organized by a 17-year old female high school studen...
I like to think of myself as an Urban Gardner. I have strange small spaces, odd shade times, and the city at my doorstep; with all, i...
Can you believe Valentine's Day is almost here?! I'm still getting over Christmas! And I don't just mean mentally, I'm still...
Happy Tuesday! We are a family that lives by our budget, and when I can squeeze it a little more, I do. Being that I'm a first time pare...
Follow by Email
Get our all latest updates via email. No Spam!