2017 Super Bowl Fun Facts
With Super Bowl less than a week away, I thought I would share a few fun facts so you can blow minds around the water pitcher with your brilliance! Below are 10 Wow-The-Crowd Super Bowl 2017 Fun Facts
1. The Fifty-First Super Bowl (LI), Will be played on Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. in Houston, Texas at NRG Stadium, between the Atlanta Falcons and the New England Patriots.
Bonus: The Super Bowl Television Broadcast is rotated between NBC, CBS, and FOX. Below is the schedule through 2023!
2, This is Huston's third time hosting the Super Bowl. The first was, Super Bowl VIII in 1974. Then again for Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004.
3. The official Hashtag of Super Bowl LI is #SB51
4 . Lady Gaga is headlining the 2017 Super Bowl Half-Time Show. You may remember her wowing the crowd with the National Anthem before last Year's Super Bowl 50.
6. The first Super Bowl (1967) was a match-up between the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers. Though, it wasn't the Super Bowl; the game was known as AFL-NFL World Championship Game until 1970. (The game was televised on both NBC and CBS!)
7. 1.23 billion chicken wings will slopped down on Super Bowl Sunday; four for every American. () FYI: Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest day for consumption of food and drink for Americans, behind Thanksgiving Day. (Reuters)
8. The coveted winning team Super Bowl Rings are provided by the NFL. The winning team is allocated 150 rings, costing the NFL roughly 5-Million; depending on the current cost of gold and gems. If the team wants more, they have to pay out of pocket. FYI: To date, the most expensive Super Bowl Ring ever made was made for the 2015 Super Bowl Winners, The New England Patriots, each ring cost a whopping $36k.
9. a 30: commercial during the Super Bowl costs 5million. FIVE. MILLION. I hope Snicker's plan to do the first LIVE Super Bowl Ad goes off without a hitch. Look for it live in the first ad slot of the third quarter
10. If you would like to attend this year's Super Bowl, it will cost you a STUPID three-and-a-half-grand. And that's for the cheap seats. Tickets on StubHub start at $3,499, includes food and drinks.
Oh, and one more fun-fact for the party animals, next to the Fourth of July more beer is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year. $1.01 billion is spent on beer in the two weeks surrounding the Super Bowl at grocery and convenience stores. That's an estimated 325.5 million gallons of beer! ()
(GASP!) You don't say...