10 Reasons Why You Should Be Drinking Water RIGHT NOW!I've partnered with Pelican Water to bring awareness to the importance of staying hydrated. All opinions are my own!
I love love love the summertime; hot days, fun in the sun, family trips, flowers in my garden, trips to the park, zoo and baseball games with Ollie... I LOVE SUMMER!
With summer comes the awesome responsibility of keeping me and my family, covered in sunblock and most of all, well hydrated. Did you know, if a child asks for something to drink they are most likely dehydrated? They don't think to stop playing and drink water until they are very thirsty, a.k.a Dehydrated!
Ever since learning about how easy it is for a child to get dehydrated, I have made it a point to offer water to my son at regular intervals. Especially, during the summer. And even though it drives me crazy, every night when he asks for water, FOUR HUNDRED TIMES, I get it for him. (Yes, it's a stall tactic for bedtime, but just in case, I always let him have a few sips.)
There is no doubt about it, water is as important as air for our bodies. Below I have 10 mind blowing reasons why water is essential for a healthy active lifestyle.
1. The human body is comprised of about 60% water. Water helps to aid in digestion, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation and absorption of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
2. Water can help control calories- Drinkning water before meals will lead to both a boost in your metabolism and a reduction in calories consumed. Sometimes your mind will send you mixed signals that seem like you might be hungry, when really you are just thirsty!
3. Water helps to energize your muscles! When muscles are depleted of water, it results in muscle fatigue. Meaning when muscle cells don't have adequate fluids, they will not function properly. The American College of Sports Medicine, guidelines for fluid intake before and during physical activity are as follows: Drink about 17 ounces of fluid about two hours before exercise. During exercise, start drinking fluids early, and drink them at regular intervals to replace fluids lost by sweating.
4. Water will give your morning and body a boost!
5. Water helps your skin look fresh and clear! According to Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD., "Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration,"
6. Drinking water at certain times will help your body do it's job more effectively!
8.Water regulates your body's temperature. When your body gets hot, it sweats. Drinking water will help your body stay cool and replace the fluids lost while sweating.
9. Water works to protect your body in more ways than you can imagine!
10. Plain and simple, there is nothing like it...
So, what are you waiting for? Drink up! I challenge you over the next 30 days to reach for water instead of sugary drinks or sodas. #YouCanDoIt
TIP: If your tap water is not the greatest consider a whole house water filtration system.
|AMERICA'S #1 SALT-FREE WATER SOFTENERS|
Pelican Water is America's #1 Salt-Free Water Softener, and offers many options. I cannot recommend enough checking out all that Pelican Water has to offer! Click here.