10 reasons why I am NOT going to win Mother of the Year 2013Just in case you were worried that I was going to steal your thunder in the Mother of the Year contest, I thought I would outline why that is not gonna happen.
- Naptime and bedtime are my favorite time.
- Some mornings (Most) I lay in bed trying to summons the devil to make a deal to get my son to go back to sleep.
- I bribe my son with snacks to get him to stop whining.
- At the end of the day if the clothes my kid was wearing are not visably dirty…Back in the closet they go.
- It is not uncommon for lunch to be left-over dinner from the night before.
- I used to wash the sippy cup with soap and water when hit the ground, now, I rinse it and hand it back. (I hear I will graduate to just wiping it on my shirt by child number two.)
- My son, well under two years old, watches TV for about 20 minutes to a half hour a day.
- While out running errands, I have had to leave my son in a dirty diaper because I already used the emergency spare one I keep shoved in the glove box.
- Sometimes I let my son run through the grocery store because I am just not in the mood to hold him down in the cart while he screams at me. It’s all about choosing my battles.
- I am a terrible cook, cannot follow rules, complain about cleaning the house, and still try to roshambo with FTD every time our son has a shitty diaper.
Honestly. I don’t want to win that dumbass award anyway.
Thankfully I am in the running for winning one contest with Top Mommy in the title.
To throw a vote our way, please click the image below!