It turns out, On-Point, became Fleek which is now, Snatched. Think: "Damn, girl, your outfit is Snatched!" (Instantly it makes sense why all those years ago my mom laughed at me when I told her "Bad" really meant, "Good!" and other assorted slang terms that I now get were totally laughable.)
If Fleek and Snatched stumped you too, then keep reading. Below is a break down of the hottest slang words, terms and abbreviations of 2017, so far. (In alphabetical order)
- About It- 100% all in.
- AF- As F*ck.
- Canceled- Over it. Deleted out of your life. "I canceled our relationship."
- Bae- your boyfriend/girlfriend
- Boots-if someone adds the word, Boots, to the end of a word or statement, you can thank the viral maniac Todrick Hall. It's meant to drive home the statement. Think" Damn, I'm Tired Boots!
- Extra- Means you are trying way too hard.
- FB-Follow Back
- Fleek- Perfect. On point.
- FR-For real
- Hundo P- I agree one-hundred percent.
- Hunty- Combo for Honey and C*nt-some use it for their Friends others for foes. It goes both ways.
- High Key- Real. Straight-Up Truth.
- LB- Like Back
- Lit- Amazing. (Warning: word on the street is that Lit on it's way out with Fleek.)
- Live- describes something that was an Amazing time/party/event. It was Live!
- OTP- One True Paring. Refers to your favorite couple or a super couple.
- Ship- Describes two people who should be in a relationSHIP, but are not. They should be Ship.
- Slay or Slayed- Award winning performance no one can do it better. Think every time Beyonce gets on stage.
- Stan or Stanning- Obsessed fan. Relates to the Eminem song, Stan, about an obsessed fan.
- SUH- Think: what's up? Say it like it looks- suuuuuh.
- Sus- short for Suspect. Internet/text talk for shady, sketchy, watch out for that person.
- TD-To Die
- Turnt- Turned up to a whole new level of awesome/crazy
- V- Short for Very.
- Watch Netflix and Chill- Means, you wanna hook up. Seriously. It's text talk for let's get it on.
- Woke- describes a caring, thoughtful, sympathetic and/or knowledgeable person.
- YOLO- You Only Live Once
And last, a pinable/printable image for parents to keep on hand to make sure their children are not tweeting/texting/gramming/facebooking/snapping about innapropriate things.