5 Winter Weather Game-Changers For Children**I've partnered with Veranda Outdoors, Butler Boots, and JoJo Maman Bebe to bring you some of the most amazing cutting-edge children's clothes and accessories for the 2015-2016 winter season.
Being that last winter, it snowed from Halloween to the first week of April, I found myself under prepared a few times. From snow pants being too thin, or gloves not being waterproof, and boots failing to keep the kid's feet warm, we had issues. Well, not this winter season! I'm preparing early. I've been on the lookout for winter clothes and accessories that can not only stand up to a snow-loving toddler, but also have features that will make life easier.
Below are five Winter Game-Changers I've found that have taken winter clothes and accessories to a level of brilliance.
1. SnowStopper Mitten: The SnowStopper Mittens from Veranda Outdoor, have what all mittens should have, a super long snow-blocking sleeve. I feel horrible when after only five minutes of playing in the snow, my little wants to 'go inside' because his hands are frozen from snow in his gloves.
I have two pairs, one in small and one in medium, so when his fat little hands grow over the span of a six month long winter, I'll be prepared. #LoveThese
2. Snow Bibs: Hands down, holy crap, never-seen-anything-like-them snow bibs from JoJo Maman Bebe are the greatest. They are the most insanely well thought out and made, snow bibs I've ever seen. I've shown the bib, and matching jacket, to every parent that comes to my house. And they all agree; Best. Ever.
JoJo Maman Bebe Thought of EVERYTHING with these snow pants. Everything.
Adjustable elastic straps
Zipper opening to legs to allow for boots
Stirrups to prevent legs riding up
Elasticated waist for stretch and comfort
Pocket to front
Outer: 100% Polyester with PU coating
Lining: 80% Polyester, 20% Cotton
3. Butler Boots Overboots: Ever heard of an 'Overboot'? Butler Boot has taken them to the level of, WOW!
Made in the USA with the highest quality materials, the Butler is practical, durable and built to perform under pressure. The Butler Overboot is available in six distinctive and unique colors to start. The sizes range from Children’s 8-12 and Youth 13 and 1-3, for true fit over the shoe.
First: The classic overboot. Meaning, your child slips their shoes into the boot to protect both their feet and shoes from rain and snow.
On rainy, muddy days, send your child to the bus stop in theses, then once at school, he slips them off, and has on regular shoes. LOVE THIS!
The second option is to wear the boots alone, without shoes. Butler Boots also come with a nice insert, so your child can wear them alone, without shoes. Which, is what Ollie's doing right now. He calls them his Stormtrooper boots. #VeryCool
4. Interchangeable All Seasons Jacket: Back on the list for a second time, JoJo Maman Bebe. The 4-in-one Snow jacket is Mental. Absolutely, freaking mental. Even though the 4-in-one refers to the ways to wear it, the 4-in-one also describes the seasons the coat can be worn in.
With a warm fuzzy fleece liner and waterproof shell, this coat is perfect for rain, snow, wind or what ever else Mother Nature has got.
Can be worn 4 ways
Option 1: Fleece and nylon inner layer zipped into waterproof outer layer for maximum protection
Option 2: Waterproof outer layer by itself
Option 3: Inner layer by itself with printed fleece side facing out
Option 4: Inner layer with nylon wind-proof side facing out and fleece to the inside
Suitable all year round
Taped seams-- This is a feature I've never seen before, and positively love.
Quick drying, non-pilling Polarfleece
Waterproof outer: 100% Polyester with PU coating
Polarfleece lining: 100% Recycled Polyester
JoJo Polarfleece is made from recycled materials, saving energy and reducing our reliance on non-renewable fossil fuels. Recycling significantly reduces the amount of waste we put into landfills, as well as harmful emissions deposited into the atmosphere
See! Freaking. Mental.
5. Super awesome sled: Why should our kid(s) sleds be limited to whatever the hardware or grocery store is selling. Which, nine-times-out-of-ten. is either a super shitty saucer that doesn't spin, or long plastic rectangle that you might as well be riding an anchor down the hill in. There are too many awesome designs and age=appropriate options, to settle for the standard big box store two options.
I went to Amazon and found numerous super cool sleds to choose from. I ordered this for $8! It didn't have the best reviews, but it sounded worth the $8!
Buy The SnowStopper Mittens from Veranda Outdoor, HERE.
Snag the JoJo Maman Bebe Snow Bibs and Jacket Here
Grab the Butler Boots Overboot, HERE
As for the Sleds, Google it, and find a super awesome sled. You won't be sorry!
Not following us on social media yet? You're missing out on all of our behind the scenes nonsense, and trust me, it's complete and utter nonsense.
**Thank you to Veranda Outdoors, Butler Boots, and JoJo Maman Bebe, for providing the products for review for possible inclusion in this list. While I did receive the products for free, all opinions are my own.