If Only The Next President Would Do Any One Of These 10 Things...After the presidential debates, news shows and slander ads, I have only one positive takeaway, with the election a year away, there's still hope a true President will emerge. Because, so far, I feel like I'm watching amateur hour at the local comedy club.
I mean, it's so bad, I was ready to throw my vote to Donald Trump at one point. Seriously.
I really couldn't get my head around how Trump was killing it in the Polls. Then, I started really paying attention to the presidential hopefuls, and realized, in a very sick twist, Donald Trump was proving to be the lesser of two evils. He was saying what Americans were thinking. He wasn't apologizing for being an big-mouthed ding-dong. The man was real. 100% uncensored, real. WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!
I think Donald tapped into what was going to be key in 2016, speak for the people, and focus on our country first, international affairs second.
Which, got me thinking. What do I want from my future President? Or better yet, if were President, what would I do?
In honor of Top 10 Tuesday, I decided to write out the 10 Things I would Do If I was President...
1. Require employers to provide 8 weeks of Maternity/Paternity Leave. LIKE EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY!!!!
2. Stop the prison insanity! When I watch the shows and documentaries on prisons, I can't help but think prison is not the answer. It's like the inmates are really on a full ride scholarship to How-to-be-a-lifelong-criminal University. There has got to be a better way to "reform" people.
3. Create strict building laws that require greener homes and buildings. I think this one is a no-brainer.
4. Legalize pot. Not because I'm a pot head, but because I will never get the vision of a father crying his eyes out in a hearing to legalize pot in my state. His daughter's quality of life depends on the therapy. While I'm not for balls-out legalization, I do think legalizing pot for medicinal treatment is well over due.
5. Support our soldiers. Forever. Please, someone help me understand why our brave service men and women come back from war, after REPEATEDLY putting their life on the line for our country, only to be thrown back into civilian life without the necessary treatment and tools needed to make the transition. This is what I call, Government Dumbassery at it's finest hour.
6. Create a daily news hour show that ONLY highlights awesomeness from around the country. I can't even bring myself to watch the news anymore, it's the most depressing hour on TV! My news show would flip the script. Where local and national media love highlighting the horrifying, I would only highlight the hilarious. The news show report on people helping people. Children making a difference, and cops that are serving and protecting. The world needs to see good, not bad. Call me crazy, but I think strong communities are the key.
7. Punch the NRA in the face, and the grab gun control by the balls. What. The. PHUCK! Why has this not happened yet? How many more children have to die in school?
8. Find out why entire school systems are going bankrupt, yet top level administrators are making 6-figures.
9. Create community gardens. Big ones. Especially in low income areas. Teach a child to grow their own food, and they will eat for a lifetime.
10. Keep our airspace safe.There's no doubt about it, there's big money is behind Drones flying the friendly skies. ( For one, Amazon.) This is something I am incredibly apprehensive about. It's bad enough I have congestion all around me on the ground. To think I will never have a clear view of the sky again is disgusting. Absolutely positively disgusting. But what's worse, I will have to live in fear that anyone of those drones is armed. So. Not. Cool.
And so, there you have it. 10 Things I want my future president to do. What would you do?