Five 15-Minute Meals Sure To Please #MomMeals
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Birds Eye® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Spring is in the air, so the last thing you want to do is be a slave to the kitchen. This week's Mom Meals are fast and flavorful; with little to no cleanup! Hopefully, the time you save slaving in the kitchen, you'll spend on a family stroll around the block.
In honor of Birds Eye® releasing EIGHT new yummy Protein and Flavor Full Veggie Steamfresh® selections, I have a few super fast, super easy recipes using the new flavors! I hope you enjoy...
#MeatlessMonday Southwest Pizza
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bag (14 oz.) Birds Eye® Recipe Ready Southwest Blend
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 (10-inch) prebaked whole wheat or regular pizza crust
- For pizza base, 1 cup prepared chunky style salsa or 1 Can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook Recipe Ready Southwest Blend, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened and any liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro.
- Arrange pizza crust on baking sheet and evenly spread with salsa/refried beans. Top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Glazed Salmon With
Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Flavor Full Teriyaki Broccoli
This is super simple. First, if you're using wood skewers, start soaking them in water they need 15-20 minutes. Next, Cube chicken/beef/tofu and your family's favorite vegetables. Toss meat in one bag and veggies in another, add a tablespoon of olive oil and salt & pepper plus your favorite seasonings. Preheat oven to 450 degrees or fire up the grill. If age appropriate, get the kiddos in on the skewering fun!
If baking: Bake beef 10 minutes for medium, chicken & tofu 20 minutes. Also try my favorite (it can be a little too spicy for kiddos), Jerk-chicken and pineapple kabobs!
For an ultra decadent Baked Ziti, click here.
For my quick 15 minute favorite try this:
- Pound of ziti
- pound of Mozzarella
- Pound of Turkey mince
- 1 cup of low-fat ricotta
- 1-2 jars of favorite pasta sauce-- 1 jar will just coat, 2 jars will make it saucy!
1. Cook pound of ziti/penne pasta Al dente (6-8 minutes)
2. Brown turkey mince with garlic and Italian seasoning.
3. Cube a half block of mozzarella, grate the other half
4. GENTLY toss cubed mozzarella and cup of low fat ricotta with pasta.
5. Pour pasta into baking dish with two jars of your favorite pasta sauce
6. top with shredded mozzarella
7. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven until cheese is bubbly.
We LOVE quesadillas in this house. They are easy to make, and can be packed with just about anything. Not-to-mention, I can hide veggies in them without issue! It never fails that once a week I use the night before leftovers for a mystery quesadilla.
1 package of Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn
Rotisserie chicken, or a package of tuna (I used tuna this time, because Ollie loves it!)
Package of small flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro-(Optional)
1/2 cup sour cream placed in small baggie with corner cut off for easy topping!
Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium
Shred Chicken/or flake tuna out of package
Cook Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn according to package
Cover tortilla with corn, cheese and chicken/tuna
Place in skillet and cover with another flour tortilla.
Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
Top with sour cream, salsa and cilantro (Optional)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Birds Eye® . The opinions and text are all mine.